Byron T. Deese
Relationship Development Manager
- Retirement Plans Have New Contribution Limits for 2019
- Use Trusts to Navigate Complex Inheritance and Tax Issues
- Steps to Take When a Spouse Passes Away
- Long-term Care Insurance: Why You Should Consider It As You Age
- 3(38) and 3(21) Fiduciary Investment Advisor Services
- Maryland 529 plan: Benefits of Contributing to an MD 529 Plan
- Life Insurance May Offer More than a Death Benefit
- Tax Strategies That Are Keeping Charitable Giving Alive
- IRS Grants Temporary Relief for Safe Harbor Plan Sponsors
- Are Health Savings Accounts (HSA) the Ultimate Health Care Insurance Plan?
- Time Running Out on Special Charitable Giving Provisions
- Celebrating National Financial Literacy Month
- Diversifying Philanthropy
BYRON T. DEESE BIOGRAPHY
Byron T. Deese, CEPA® is the Relationship Development Manager for Glass Jacobson Wealth Advisors and a Retirement Plan Consultant within the firm’s investment advisory division. Byron specializes in providing retirement services and employee benefits for small businesses. He is a Certified Exit Planning Adviser (CEPA), and is a licensed insurance agent in Life, Health, and Annuity by the State of Maryland. A native of Sanford, Florida, Byron is a graduate of Tuskegee University in Alabama, with a bachelor’s degree in finance.
Byron is active in the community, serving as a Board Trustee for the City of Baltimore Employees’ (ERS) and Elected Officials’ (EOS) Retirement Systems. He also serves as a Board member for the Baltimore City Community College Foundation, Baltimore Civic Fund, Abilities Network, and Associated Black Charities. In 2020, Byron was inducted into the Professional Advisor Recognition Society (PARS) by the Baltimore Community Foundation and is also member of their Investment Committee. In 2023, he was appointed to serve on the Professional Advisory Council for the Central Florida Foundation. He is also founder of the Dream Makers Network, which is a professional networking group. Byron is married to Maria Campbell Deese, and they have one daughter, Matyson Aleah.