Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject - a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child - a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Glass Jacobson Financial Group
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed. If you are a client of GJIA the SEC has different record keeping requirements for more information call 1-800-356-7666 or email us at email@example.com
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
Information you have provided us with
This can be but not limited to be your e-mail address, name, billing address, home address, phone number, IP address, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping cart information, your IP address, your shopping history (if there is any) etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
- Newsletters and Top Ten Lists;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to identify you;
- to provide you a service or to send/offer you a product;
- to communicate either for sales or invoicing;
- to share information with you;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized offers* (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- to administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
- to receive feedback on our site and services
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 8 years.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners:
Our business partners:
Connected non-affiliated third parties:
- Triad Advisors LLC
- Active Campaign
- Able CRM
- CCH Practice
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. With ongoing security monitors and frequent website updating.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don't have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies - these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We collect information about visitors who comment on Sites that use our Akismet anti-spam service. The information we collect includes the commenter's IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
Representative Contact in the EU
Phone: +353 57 868 4800
Glass Jacobson Financial Group is vigilant about protecting your privacy as a consumer. As a professional services firm, we understand better than most the need for you to maintain control over your personal data when using the internet. We maintain your privacy through the enforcement of strict internal policies that exceed industry standards.
Glass Jacobson Financial Group respects your privacy. Our guidelines for protecting the information you provide us during a visit to our website or when you subscribe to our newsletter list appears below. Furthermore, Glass Jacobson Financial Group subscribes to the tenets of the DMA (Direct Marketing Association) and the Association of Interactive Marketing (AIM). DMA and AIM are independent, nonprofit trade associations whose mission is to build users’ trust and confidence in the internet by promoting the principles of full disclosure and informed consent. Because we want to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have agreed to disclose our information practices and to have our privacy practices reviewed and audited for compliance by not only our affiliates, but also our subscribers. Our privacy practices address the following:
- What information we gather/track
- How we use the information
- With whom we share the information
- Our opt-out policy
- Our policy on deleting or deactivating your name from our database
This statement discloses the privacy practices for Glass Jacobson Financial Group. We have designed this website so that no personally identifying information is displayed online or is accessible to the general public.
Use of Data
We collect only the following information about our users that has been entered on the subscription page. This data includes: name, email address, mailing address, job title, company name and other attributes related to the site and the list. We use the name and email address to manage registrations. We do not sell or distribute that information to any third party. The zip code, state and country information is used only to assess our needs in the way of technology, for the purposes of offering the best possible service to our worldwide customer base. We do not sell or distribute this information to any third parties.
Use of Your Email Address
If you give us permission to market to you when you provide us with your email address during the subscription process, we will occasionally send you email with recommendations or notices of new products, services and prices. This email may include paid advertisements from third parties. Even if you do decide to opt-in during the registration process, you will always be allowed to easily opt-out of this type of email service, simply by following the instructions at the bottom of the email message.
Certain online applications, such as the various elements of the deployed email, employ proprietary technology to scan your computer system and retrieve information regarding your installed software and hardware. This information is used solely to provide the services you have chosen to subscribe to or use. The information gathered by these applications is used only to generate output directed to you and is not aggregated or used for any other purpose. It is not stored along with any identifying information about you, nor is it sold, rented, or shared with any outside parties in any form whatsoever.
During the registration or subscription process, we ask you to provide us with contact information, such as name, email address, zip code, job title, company name and other applicable data for the site/list that you have subscribed to.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell, rent, or share any customer information that we collect on our site.
Glass Jacobson Financial Group uses software tags called “cookies” to identify customers when they visit our site. Cookies are used to manage subscribers’ permissions and rights. Additionally, cookies help us to identify returning users so that we don’t ask them to register with every visit. They help us understand your preferences and customize our service to your needs. By recording which areas of the site you visit, cookies allow us to present information, products, and special offers that are most likely to be of interest to you. The information we collect with cookies is not sold, rented, or shared with any outside parties.
Glass Jacobson Financial Group maintains log files of the traffic that visits our site. We do not link any information gathered in these log files to personally identifiable information. Log files are used to manage traffic loads and information technology requirements for providing reliable service. Information collected includes IP addresses, browser types and operating system.
Glass Jacobson Financial Group Newsletter
Our newsletter and top ten lists are mailed only to users who have subscribed to the service. Users who have subscribed can quickly and easily cancel their newsletter subscription by following instructions contained in each issue of the newsletter. Only an email address is required to receive the newsletter.
We collect user feedback. We do not typically respond to user feedback in the form of email. We do select testimonials to appear on the site from feedback that we have received, but only after we have obtained permission from the senders. Users who would like a response to specific questions concerning the service or their subscriptions are directed to the editor of the website. These questions will be responded to as quickly as possible. From time to time we also post surveys on our site. These surveys are optional and all information is collected anonymously. The information is collected to better understand our user population. It is not sold or transferred to any third party.
Glass Jacobson appreciates the support of many loyal clients, business partners, and friends but we are limited in how we can discuss such matters in a social media forum. Glass Jacobson is both an accounting firm and a registered investment adviser with the SEC. SEC rules for investment advisers prohibit our use of endorsements to promote or market our services. Accepting recommendations and endorsements on social media is viewed by the SEC as a violation of the law, and, accordingly, we do not accept them for our advisory business as a matter of policy. Glass Jacobson is not responsible for nor does Glass Jacobson accept or condone any comments regarding its investment advisory business by third parties on this page.
All information gathered on the Glass Jacobson Financial Group website is stored and maintained in secure facilities that limit access to authorized personnel only. These personnel can only access the information through a series of access-control procedures. All Glass Jacobson Financial Group employees are briefed about the company’s privacy and security policies on a regular basis. Glass Jacobson Financial Group website is regularly tested for security breaches to ensure that all information collected is secure from unauthorized viewing.
This site is provided by Glass Jacobson on an “as is” basis. Glass Jacobson makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the site, the information, content, materials or products, included on this site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Glass Jacobson disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Glass Jacobson will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental punitive and consequential damages.
This site is created and controlled by Glass Jacobson in the state of Maryland, USA. As such, the laws of the state of Maryland will govern these disclaimers, terms and conditions, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. We reserve the right to make changes to our site and these disclaimers, terms and conditions at any time.
To make an information request, please fill out the info below.
Last modification was made 5/12/2020.